Commitment to Privacy and Responsible Use of Information
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will generally depend upon the type of products and services you request from us, and may include:
Use of Our Web Site
- information you give us when you request a product or service from us, such as your name, address, contact details, sex, occupation and age;
- financial information about you, such as your financial position (eg assets and liabilities, income, mortgage);
- information obtained from credit reporting agencies such as credit checks, but only if you have authorised us to carry out those checks;
- communications between us and your adviser(s) (eg accountant, solicitor);
- information provided to us by distributors of our products
- if you have or had a product with us, transactional information about the use of that product.
We will collect some information from you when you use our website: www.zoom.com.au. Most of this information will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity. The only personal information which we collect about you when you use the website is what you tell us about yourself. For example, by completing an online form such as an application form or asking for a disclosure document for one of our products or by sending us an email. We will record your email address if you send us an email.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
Any personal information that we collect about you will be used by us:
We may also disclose information about you to prospective purchaser's of ZOOM or related businesses.
- to assess your applications for products or services that we or our distributors may provide to you;
- to provide or continue to provide products or services to you;
- for administrative purposes, such as billing and processing of your account;
- facilitating the conduct of business relationships with you (if any);
- to provide you with details of the latest offers or specials provided by ZOOM and related entities which are subsidiaries of ZOOM Group Ltd (you may elect not to receive these offers);
- in the event of a credit default by you, to obtain from or report your credit information to a credit reporting agency; and
- to investigate and resolve complaints concerning the provision of services by us or others associated with us.
Who We May Disclose Your Personal Information to
The purposes for which we use your personal information (as mentioned above) may involve us engaging or providing some or all of your personal information to:
Your Access to Your Personal Information
- third party service providers who provide services (eg mailing, information technology and administration services) to ZOOM and their related companies;
- distributors of our products or services, which includes our accredited preferred lenders;
- credit reporting agencies; and
- companies related to ZOOM (for example, companies that are subsidiaries of ZOOM Group Ltd).
In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the NPPs.
From time to time our privacy statement may change. We may notify you about changes to our privacy statement by posting an updated version on our website: www.zoom.com.au.
If you would like more information about how we manage your personal information, or you have any questions, or wish to complain about a breach of your privacy, please contact us using this form.
*ZOOM includes the following entities:
ZOOM Group Ltd (ABN 30 100 731 851)
ZOOM Tax Pty Ltd (ABN 88 109 282 920)
ZOOM Financial Services Pty Ltd (ABN 59 090 767 016)
ZOOM Realty Pty Ltd (ABN 57 099 490 356)